Pages

Tuesday 15 November 2011

The Hunger Games

Greetings Earthlings,

    So, if you are anywhere near as Hunger Games obsessed as I am, you would probably know by now of yesterday's release of the Hunger Games official trailer. If you didn't know about it, well then, the official Hunger Games trailer was released yesterday.

    Anyways, when I had heard it had come out, I basically soiled myself with excitement. I'm sure you can imagine me literally jumping from my seat, sprinting to my computer, and watching this trailer with a huge goofy grin on my face and literally bouncy up and down on the couch. I think my mom thought I was nearing hysteria.

    Actually, watching this trailer eased a lot of my Hunger Games movie jitters. I loved Gale, I really thought they got his character right. I especially digged his vest. I also felt a lot better about Jennifer Lawrence portraying Katniss, it's a huge role to step into.

    I think though, of all the characters, Effie Trinket was the best. I loved how they took characterisics of Effie, like her crazy personality and complete obliviousy and used it all in her make-up. They made her look completely Effie-esque without even including the bright, hot pink wig she's so known for. Everything down to the way she tilted her torso when calling out the tribute was perfect.

    I'm still not sure about Peeta. I like the scene on the rooftop they showed, and I liked where they made him look young and innocent in the train looking out the window, but there's something about him that really doesn't seem right. He'll still have to prove himself to me.

    I also thought Haymitch was weird, what was with the hair? I always thought Haymitch was supposed to be bald, not long flowing obviously fake blonde wigs. That was strange.

    I really enjoyed how the trailer was focused on the events that happened before the actual Games, and not the Games itself. I think the really did a good job setting the mood for the entire movie, without giving anything of great importance away. I think the part I'm most excited for has to be the interviews. It was by far my favourite part in the books.

    I really hope, for my sake and the sake of all the actors and producers of the Hunger Games movie, that this turns out well. As I'm sure a lot of you know, Hunger Games fans tend to be slightly violent.

   That's all for now guys, I'll post links to the trailer and teaser trailer below for your enjoyment. More blogging soon!

DFTBA
Olivia :D

Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9a5V9ODuY
Teaser Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpWHkiq744k&feature=related

 

3 comments:

  1. SO EXCITED FOR IT TO COME OUT :)
    March 23, baby!

    I love how all your posts are so long- it's really fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit disappointed with what they showed of the costumes... I mean, they were supposed to be exceptionally, over-the-top crazy Capitol designer fashions. They seemed too Hollywood Runway and not enough Dystopia Extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree. I wasn't happy with the small amount of Katniss' interview dress we saw. It was supposed to be covered in jewels and appear to be fire, not just red.

    ReplyDelete