Pages

Tuesday 13 December 2011

Eat Tacos With Me?

Greetings Earthlings,

     So there's this song I really really like, it's called Sleepyhead by Passion Pit, and it's kind of a dubstep alternative indie pop song that is bursting with creativity. Here it is!


Anyways, I thought today I would talk a bit about why I love this song, and also a bit of lyric dissection, yay! Let's go!

     So, I discovered this song through my biffel Emma (Inflatable Furniture and Bubble Wrap) over the summer, and it's basically just pure amazingness. In the beginning of the song, you may think the lyrics are just high pitched non-sense, but if you listen a bit closer, I'm pretty sure the lyrics are "please unicorn, eat tacos with me". Which makes me extremely happy, because as you know I love unicorns, and mexican food. Anyways, those lyrics are not for certain, but here are the rest of the lyrics I found online:

And everything is going to the beat
And everything is going to the beat
And everything is going

And you said
It was like fire around the brim
Burning solid
Burning thin the burning rim
Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes
You were one inch from the edge of this bed
I drag you back a sleepyhead, sleepyhead

They couldn't think of something to say the day you burst
With all their lions and all their might and all their thirst
They crowd your bedroom like some thoughts wearing thin
Against the walls against your rules against your skin
My beard grew down to the floor and out through the doors
Of your eyes but go in disguise like a sleepyhead, sleepyhead

     The beginning of the song I think is fairly straight forward "everything is going to the beat" I think just means they're devoted to music. And everything they do goes into the beat, and their songs. After that though, the music gets extremely confusing, I don't even know where to start there. 

     Anyways, let me know what you think of the song and the lyrics, and I'll talk to you guys soon!

DFTBA
Olivia :D
     



     

No comments:

Post a Comment