Pages

Friday 2 March 2012

GAH STUPID STUPID STUPID

Greetings earthlings,

      I'm freaking sick AGAIN. I'm just gonna suck it up though, I've already missed enough school what with my vacation and then being sick before my vacation and stuff. So whatevs. Get over yourself body.

     Anyways, for my birthday my cousin Val got my this book called Hex Hall. I never really like it when people get me books because generally people don't get my taste. Val is one of the very few exceptions. I have never questioned a book from Val and I never will. This book was no different. I loved it. (Thanks Val!)

     Basically, this book is a bout a girl named Sophie who's this super cool witch and stuffz but then she does a spell and it goes wrong and then she gets sent  to a place called Hex Hal (hence the title) and people start getting hurt and it's awesome. I'm gonna read the sequel now. I don't even care I'm in the middle of about five books right now. I'll get to them...eventually.

     Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, by the way. Although I'm sure almost none of you read my blog daily. But I was just really lazy and so I didn't no better excuse, sorry about that.

     I'll fill you in: yesterday our school took a field trip to this Sens practice at the Scotia Bank place. It was all good and dandy and stuff and we were happy to get out of school. But apparently the ENTIRE faculty failed to mention there was a two hour physics lesson before the practice even started. It was all worth it when I bought a Bretzel though. Gosh I love those things.

     OH! I forgot to mention they also gave us free stuff when we left. one thing was this Scotia Bank savings tin thing which was just a really huge piggy bank, and the other thing was this powder that when you put it in your bath tub it turned your water into JELLO! I seriously can't wait to use it.

     What else is new? Oh yeah, I forgot if I blogged about it or not, but there was a bunch of high school drama going on in my life and general stress about auditioning for schools that weren't my default school. I applied for a I.B program school, which I had to take a four and a half hour test for, and Canterbury for drama, which was two auditions. I got a letter from the I.B saying I didn't get in, but then they sent me another letter saying I did. I have yet to hear from Canterbury, but at least I don't have to go to South.

     Oh yeah. I've also learnt Mme. Winn's teaching technique is to give children that read the board and start working candy, and the rest get to watch as the other children enjoy it. I have been practicing this method and so today she had wrote "work on your grammar booklet" on the board (I translated that to English for your convenience) and so I grabbed my booklet and but it on my desk, then started sharpening my pencil as she came around with candy. I had my booklet out and in front of me but she didn't give me candy. I am appalled. (but it isn't as if I needed more sugar).

     Also, I've been re-watching a lot of my favourite movies lately. Last night was Ever After, and tonight I think it might be either Aladdin or The Princess Bride, or both. So I might do a Top10 of my favourite movies. Keep your eyes peeled for that.

     I know this is just a huge jumble of things going on in my life. But I gotta keep y'all informed! I'm gonna go use that water Jello stuff now.

DFTBA
Olivia :D

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! so glad you dig the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mean for this to sound mean but please avoid me at school untill your better because my director will kill me if I get sick. We already have 3 SUPER sick people and we can't afford another. Hope you get better though! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete