Pages

Monday 14 November 2011

NaNoWriMo?

Greetings Earthlings,

    So earlier today I posted something on my blog called "YouTuber of the day: italktosnakes" In that post, I think I said something along the lines of "Kristina makes vlogs about NaNoWriMo" although I can't remember the exact quote. Anyways, it took me only a couple seconds after I posted it to realize a lot of you probably have no idea what NaNoWriMo is. Well, I'm gonna explain it to you!

    NaNoWriMo is the abbreviated form of National Novel Writing Month, in which people from all over the globe struggle to write 50 000 in as much as 30 days and nights. Still confused? Alright, let's continue.

  The correct pronounciation if NaNoWriMo is NaaaNoooWryyyMooo (That's me trying to sound it out for you) but people like italktosnakes (and myself) pronounce it NaaaNoooWreeMooo (According to Hayley G. Hoover it's the "Potter Fan" pronounciation). Following along? Moving on.

    NaNoWriMo lasts through out the entire month of November, and in order to reach the goal of 50 000 words, you need to be able to write 1667 words each day. Which, in case you couldn't infer, is a lot. Making any more sense? Keep Following.

    NaNoWriMo was founded in 1999 by Chris Baty, that year, there were only 21 participants, and last year (2010) there were over 200 000 participants, who wrote in total 2, 872, 682, 109 words. Are you comprehending? Keep reading!

    Since the first year of NaNoWriMo, ten novels that were written during the of November for NaNoWriMo have been published. Including The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and The Compound by Stephanie Stuve-Bodeen.

    Okay that's all I got for ya, I hope now NaNoWriMo makes a bit more sense. This is my first year doing NaNoWriMo, so I'm almost as confused as some of you! It's a bit late to join this year, since it's almost the middle of November, but I highly recommend you try it out next year if you aren't already participating, it's a lot of work, but the pay-off is well worth it.

    If you're still confused on this topic, I highly suggest you read my friend Emma's blog. She does a daily journal-like entry on her experience with NaNoWriMo. You should also check out these websites and videos:

Emma's Blog (Inflatable Furniture and Bubble Wrap): http://nanowrimoemjk.blogspot.com
NaNoWriMo website: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en
NaNoWriMo video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGRDik-e8zg
NaNoWriMo song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78mvUeBw7MM

That's all for now guess, happy writing!
DFTBA
Olivia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment