Pages

Saturday 10 December 2011

Christmas-y Traditions

Greetings Earthlings,

     So, with Christmas just around the corner I figured I'd talk to you all about what my family does for the holidays. Since we're kinda crazy and all that stuff.

     So, every Christmas Eve, My ENTIRE family (extended and all) come over for a Christmas Dinner. Because our roots are in Newfoundland and everyone from my mother up was born there we eat what we call (although I'm not sure if it's the proper word for it) "Jiggs Dinner". Which consists of salt beef, turkey, dough boys, cabbage, pea soup, carrots, and potatoes. It's extremely delicious and everyone is happy after eating that much food (although most of us just want to sleep). After food we sit down with our extended family and exchange gifts.

     After the family is gone the only people left are myself, my mom and step-dad, my step-sister, my two cousins Valerie and Ashley, and Val's husband, Jason. We're all usually too tired to do anything else that night and so I go to bed and they'll watch I movie or something along those lines.

      Before I talk about Christmas morning, I should probably tell you my cousin Val (Hi Val!), although in her 20s is a child at heart. And so every morning around 5: 30 we get up and watch a Christmas movie, we also examine the wrapped packages under the tree, which is fun. Then at 7 o'clock we run around the house waking everyone up and we all sit down and open our stockings.

     After we get through seven stockings we all make a yummy breakfast in which we eat together before we movie on to the presents under the Christmas tree.

        So, yup. That's my Christmas, comment on what you do for Christmas!

DFTBA
Olivia :D

No comments:

Post a Comment