Pages

Friday 6 April 2012

Bullying 2.0

Greetings earthlings,

     This is me trying to catch up on lack of posting.

     Anyways, I while back I made a blog post about bullying on account of it was National Bullying Week. You can find that post here:

http://libraryofawesome.blogspot.ca/2011/11/anti-bullying-week.html

     But today I found a song by The Guild (Felicia Day is in it!!) called I'm the one that's cool and I wanted to talk about bullying again. Here's the song:

*WARNING! MILD VULGAR LANGUAGE!*



     Anyways. This song, when I first heard the song I was like "Oh! woah! I totally relate to this!" but then I realized how lucky I was.

     I am a total nerd, just like the people in this video, but unlike them, I really don't get bullied in an extreme way. I mean sure, sometimes people make fun of how dorky I am, but nothing huge. Although I do realize there are people out there who have the same interests as me, that get bullied to an extreme. So it's odd that although I am associated as a nerd, or a dork, or a geek, I am hardly treated like the stereotypical one. 

     There are a few lyrics in the video I want to discuss though, so here we go:

"The latest trend has hit it's peak
They say that geek's becoming chic
So now you're out of style as you can be
And I'm in vogue, so you can bite me"

     I think this is interesting. Although they are saying geek/ nerd/ dork is becoming chic, at my school it's still one of those things looked down upon, and although people are out right bullied for it, it definitely isn't a trend. Maybe we're behind? who knows.

"Try to cop my style but I'm the real thing
While you played sports I played Magic The Gathering
Never earned a part of nerd society
My Aquaman pajamas prove my pedigree"

     This is definitely interesting. There are, although it isn't a trend, some people at my school who are nerd "wannabees" as I call them. As in they wear the popped lens 3D glasses and the weird T-shirts that they think are nerdy and call themselves a nerd. And it's actually really annoying. As the song says, they never earned their part in nerd society.

"You may be tan and fit and rich but you're a t**l
Now I'm the one that's cool
I'm the one that's cool"

     This I also find interesting. There are many people my school who think they're the bees knees just for looking attractive. And maybe people hang out with them, but at the same time. They are generally rude and inconsiderate, it bothers me that they are the socially accepted group.

     Anyways, there's a lyrics dissected/ thoughts of bullying post. I hope you found it interesting. I'm out PEACE!

DFTBA
Olivia :D


No comments:

Post a Comment