Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

Thoughts From Places - National Art Gallery

Greetings earthlings,

     I'm trying out this thing based on John Green via The Vlog Brothers "Thoughts from Places" on his Youtube Channel. (If you don't know what vlogbrothers is, 1. I'm extremely disappointed in you. 2. I made a post about them back in November, please go check it out). Anyways it's essentially where John talks about how he was feeling when he was at a certain place and his emotions and stuff so I'm going to try one

The Art Gallery

     I started my day at around nine a.m, I actually felt really nauseous so I just lay in bed until I felt okay enough to throw myself in the shower and venture down the stairs for oatmeal and water (I was going to make tea, then I got lazy) Anyways after that I took some Advil and left for the Gallery

     If you know anything about my Dad, you know him + Art Gallery = Does not compute. So you're probably wondering why he took me there, well I'll tell you, it was a birthday present. That's what I asked for, there, now you know.

     Anyways we decided we would park in the market so we could eat there once we were done, so we found a parking garage and we parked there. We parked on the roof and there was a fan on the roof, a very large, very noisy fan of destruction, For some reason I was very interested in this fan and decided to stare at it for a while, then we got into a creepy elevator and then we were in the market.

     I don't know why but I'm really intrigued by the city. I guess because I live in the country the city is really cool. I've always known that I wanted to live in a big city and I plan to when  I grow up. But for now I'm stuck in the country, so at least going to the city, even for a little, is an enjoyable pass time pour moi.

     Anyways, we got to the art museum, and I remembered again why I love it so much. It was actually a pretty quiet day for the art museum. There were hardly any crowds. So we started off with a small portion of the contemporary arts section of the gallery. I love contemporary art. In my opinion it's fantastic and erratic and spontaneous. I think the painting that intrigued me the most was one called "Les Yeux Sans Visage". Which was this series of photos, some from a 1950s horror movie called "Les Yeux Sans Visage' and some from early experiments with plastic surgery. The point of the photo was to show how although some was fiction and some was not, the people of the series were not accepted into society because of their looks. I thought it was really cool.

     After the gallery we went out to eat food and found a place called the Clock Tower where we ran into my family and we hung out for a while.

     Anyways, had a great day, but most go sleep to ward off sickness. Bleck, I feel disgusting. Hopefull okay for skiing tomorrow

DFTBA
Olivia :D

No comments:

Post a Comment