Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

Taylor Swift and The Hunger Games?

Greetings Earthlings,

     I just posted, I know. But my very good friend Kelsey told me Taylor Swift was singing one of the songs that will be in the Hunger Games movie. At first, I was kind of angry, I wanted a less known artist to do the score. But when I listened to this song I started crying and couldn't stop. Which is crazy, since I'm not that emotional, definitely not the kind of person to burst into tears during a Taylor Swift Song.

     What really caught my attention was it wasn't like all of her other songs, and it definitely wasn't what I expected. I had assumed the song would have been an upbeat country-pop song with a banjo thrown in there, but the song was slow and emotional. The way she sang was higher than her usual tempo and mixed beautifully with the lullaby-esque back round music.

     An interesting thing about the song is if I hadn't read The Hunger Games, or if I had read them and didn't like them, the song would have struck me in a completely different manner and I wouldn't have liked it. But the way the song tied in so beautifully with The Hunger Games without straight out saying the characters names or anything like that was breath-taking.

     I know I'm sounding really emotional about this song, but The Hunger Games is by far my favourite series, I think it's one of those books you either hate or absolutely adore (I only know one person in between the two) and for me it's important they get this movie right.

     SPOILER ALERT! (skip this paragraph if you haven't read the first book) I really hope they play this song during the scene in which Rue dies. A lot of people have been saying they want it played when Katniss is caring for Peeta in the cave, but in my opinion it ties in much better with Rue. I can't wait to hear it with the movie either way though.

     Anyways, that all for now, if you like, you can hear the song right...HERE:


May the odds be ever in your favor:
Olivia :D

1 comment:

  1. I agree - I immediately thought of Rue when hearing this. It's not so often that a book includes such an emotional scene about a friend instead of a love interest, and that one was really well done.

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete