Pages

Sunday 1 January 2012

New Years and Blue Man Group

Greetings Earthlings,

     Welcome, ladies and gentleman, to 2012. That's right everyone, today is January 1st, 2012, and I am reporting to you all today with sad and happy thoughts, first though I'd like to talk about all the FUN I had last night!!

     So the party this year was smaller, which I didn't mind, because there were a LOT less screaming annoying children circulating the party this year, and it was more quiet (and less clean up!). On the 30th Ben came over to help me clean the basement (Thanks Ben!) and then before the party I did a quick vacuum, yay simpleness!

     We listened to a lot of music, played a lot of Bop-It! (TM) and Hide and Go Seek in the dark for prizes, and after we watched the ball drop in Times Square and toasted everyone at the party with champagne (Which I found disgusting and promptly passed to Evan) we all celebrated to New Year by having a "Who can run the furthest outside in the snow in bare feet?" contest and then contently soaking in the hot tub, it was AWESOME and I think is now our New Years tradition.

     When I woke up this morning I was SO TIRED but I went out with my family to see Blue Man Group and the National Arts Center which was really cool. We we're in the front row and the event featured segments such as banging on drums filled with paint to create artwork (One of the Blue Men actually gave me one of the paintings, which I am about to display proudly on my wall) and creating the ultimate dance party (which consisted of shaking our "tushes" while a voicaloid shouted variations of the word butt, passing around HUGE beach balls and having toilet paper, cotton balls and silly string thrown at us.)

     Because we we're in the front row we were given water resistant ponchos and ear plugs, which scared me a bit (especially since I had had no sleep the previous night) but we didn't get wet or anything so it was actually pretty cool.

     Anyways the reason I come with happy and sad thoughts are I really like 2011, and I'm sad its over, It felt like just the other day I was celebrating the start of twenty eleven, and now it's over. I think I might do another blog post as to the highlights of my year.

     Well, that's all for today, I really like blogging, and I'd like to say I have a lot planned for 2012, but I CAN'T because the world is ENDING is 2012, DUH!

DFTBA
Olivia :D



   

No comments:

Post a Comment