Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

Wizard Rock.

Greetings Earthlings,

     I listen to a lot of music. It's basically everything. But I hate Pop. It actually makes me cringe and sometimes if I listen to it for an extended period of time i think my ears are about to bleed. So instead, I listen to a very different form of music, it's called Wizard Rock.

     Now, don't get me wrong. I don;t only listen to Wizard Rock, I also listen, to Geek-Rock and Indie. But mostly Wizard Rock.

     Wizard Rock, if you're not familiar with it, is rock songs about Harry Potter, and the lesser characters surrounding him. The songs vary from hilarious to extremely depressing. Some of my favourites include Wizard Love, House Song, and Don't Leave Me. Here's a link to one of those!



     Geek-Rock is exactly what it sounds like. It's rock songs for geeks. My favourite Geek-Rock band is by far ALL CAPS but there are many other if you're willing to search, here's one of my favourite Geek-Rock songs:


     Indie music is something most of you are probably more familiar with. It's independent artists who are absolutely amazing. Unlike Pop, Indie songs are all completely different, Here's and example, both of the songs I'm about to link are Indie music, but they are completely different:




     Anyways, these are all great, but my favourite kind of music right now, although it doesn't have a specific name, is Songs About The Hunger Games. Love love love. It makes me burst into tears at least once a day. Fun, fun. Anyways, I'm going to show you a video by my favourite Hunger-Games-Song-Write-About-er, Alex Carpenter. But his best songs are on bandcamp, listen to Reaping 
Day. My favourite by far.



     Okay, that's all. Also, I jut realize this concludes part two of my explaining the title segment, only one part left!

DFTBA,
Olivia :D

PS: This is an Alex Carpenter shirt I got for Christmas:






   

1 comment:

  1. That second one makes me want to reactivate my WoW account. >_< Then I would never do anything ever again.

    ReplyDelete